Political Science Careers
A liberal arts education empowers and prepares students to deal with complexity and change through a broad knowledge of the world. They gain key skills in communication, problem-solving, and working with a diverse group of people. Related careers in political science include policy research, government, business, survey analysis, marketing research, lobbying, law, military, education, and public relations.
Our undergraduate political science alumni work in most sectors of the economy, with the top six economic sectors of their employers shown in this infographic. The largest percentages include business and finance firms, law, government, military, and first responders.
Our graduates are…
- Dir. of Global Business Partnerships, American Express
- Journalist, Gannett News Service
- Platoon Commander, U.S. Marine Corps
- Senator Roger Wicker
- CEO, U.S. Capitol Consulting
- Exec. Director, MS Bar Association
- Chairman, Burson-Marsteller
- Senior Analyst, Exxon Mobil
- Personal Assistant, Queen Noor of Jordan
- Chief, Starkville Police
- Pres., MS Forum on Children & Families
- Associate Attorney, Baker Botts law firm
- Special Agents in DEA, Treasury, FBI
- Staff, US House Armed Services Comm.
- Mississippi State Auditor